Staying on top of clutter is always a challenge, especially when it comes to small spaces. The key to creating the illusion of space is organisation, and with a few simple changes, your home will be well ordered, stylish and modern. Here are some home organization ideas to get you started.
Home Organisation Tips
- Use less floor space – under the bed storage, under the stair storage and integrated furniture will help you minimise clutter.
- Make use of the walls – wall mounting shelves, storage units and other items (your bike for example) will make small areas appear more spacious.
- Choose multifunctional furniture – if your furniture isn’t fit for purpose it’s time to buy new furniture that has hidden storage or furniture that will suit different rooms to give you greater flexibility.
- Transform your bedroom – if you don’t have a built-in-wardrobe, choose the right combination of bedroom furniture (bedside tables, tallboys & dressers) to ensure all your clothes, books etc, have a home.
- Throw out what you don’t need – there’s nothing like having a good clear out! Give away, donate or sell things you no longer use.
As well as organising the living areas of your home, having an organised laundry, bathroom and home office can help bring a sense of order to your home. Often these rooms can be de-cluttered using boxes, baskets and shelving units. In other words, the less you have lying around on the floor, on desks, tables or counters, the better!
Visit Adane Furniture today. Our friendly staff can help you find the perfect pieces to organise your home and make it as comfortable and welcoming as possible. We even have a delivery team who can deliver your new furniture to your home in Nowra and all surrounding areas of the Shoalhaven.